(Updated with new job description)
Full Time, Entry Level Position
Location: Within Tri-State area (NY, NJ, CT)
KoreanAmericanStory.org is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to capture, preserve and share stories of the Korean American experience. Started in 2010 with our first series, Legacy Project. The goal was to document the stories of first-generation Korean Americans who immigrated in the 1970s and 1980s and understand their lives in Korea and journey to America. Since then, the organization has expanded to capture stories across generations and communities in addition to producing community events. Programming includes Legacy Project, K-Pod, NAYA, ROAR Story Slam, Writers Block, our annual gala, and more.
We are a small team based in New York and value storytelling as a way to humanize our experiences while celebrating the diversity of our community. We are looking to hire an Event & Production Coordinator to join our team.
The ideal candidate would be highly organized, detail-oriented, a strong communicator, a team player, and flexible. The Event & Production Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating all phases of event and content production, and communication with the creative team. We are a virtual organization so you will be working remotely in addition to working some nights and weekends as needed, for events and/or meetings that may happen at non-traditional work hours.
• Event coordination (70%)
Coordinate various aspects of putting on an event
Coordinate recording of these events
Coordinate Post-event evaluation
• Content production coordination (30%)
Coordinate and arrange dates for interviews
Coordinate video shoot production
Maintain production schedule & implement the production of content and events
• Coordinate assets and deliverables on DropBox
• Support Executive Director and Digital Marketing Manager as needed
• Coordinate the creative team of contractors and interns
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director
• 4-year bachelor’s degree (Preferred but not required)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)
• Analytical thinker with a creative sense
• Familiarity with Google, Microsoft, Adobe products and Dropbox service
• Comfortable working remotely, with occasional travel.
• Must live within a driving distance from NYC to participate in meetings and events
• Authorized to work in the United States
Salary: $37,000 – $39,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Benefits: We offer health & dental insurance
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and examples of creative/design work (if any) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: KAS Events & Production Coordinator
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled