Director of Development
Our Mission is to capture, create, preserve and share the stories of the Korean American experience by supporting and promoting storytelling in all forms that explore and reflect the ever evolving Korean American story. We seek to be an inclusive hub that bridges gaps between communities and helps to instill cultural awareness and pride among the Korean American community.
The Development Director must have a strong understanding of the value of storytelling and the commitment to preserving the history of the Korean American community through personal stories.
This position is initially a part time position which can lead to a full time position depending on the success of the fundraising goals.
- · Oversee grant seeking, including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- · Develop annual fundraising plan including revenue projections
- · Oversee the annual fund program, including direct mailing campaigns and fundraising drives and special events
- · Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- · Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- · Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- · Oversee the Annual Gala which usually takes place in May
- · Oversee the donor database and tracking systems
- · Maintain gift recognition programs.
- · Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities
- · Work closely with the Executive Director, and Board of Directors in the development and implementation of KoreanAmericanStory.org’s strategic plan as related to development
- · Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- · Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- · Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about KoreanAmericanStory.org with the community.
- · Perform other related duties as requested
- · Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- · Strong organizational abilities including planning and executing development plans.
- · Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector.
- · Seeks to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers.
- · Strong written and oral communication skills.
- · Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
This position will require working remotely and virtually at a home-office, with regularly scheduled in-person meetings with the Director.
Starting salary for 20 hrs/week is $25K – $30K, depending on experience.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter with your salary requirement to HJ@KoreanAmericanStory.org