2014 ANNUAL BENEFIT – MAY 14TH
New York City harbor views.
This year we celebrate ordinary people who are doing extraordinary work in our community. We promise there will not be any long speeches; just awesome stories being shared live, without script. We promise great food, drinks and fun times.
If you cannot attend the Celebration, please consider making a donation. CLICK HERE TO DONATE
Or send a check to: KoreanAmericanStory.org | 4 Cherry Lane | Scarsdale, NY 10583
TICKET PRICE LEVELS
$250 per ticket for FRIENDS Tickets
$500 per ticket for PATRONS Tickets
$1,000 per ticket for BENEFACTOR Tickets
FRIENDS: Please purchase tickets by May 1st, 2014 if you would like your name to be listed in our program.
PATRONS: Please purchase tickets and provide text or image you would like to have printed on the program by May 1st, 2014. Great opportunity to dedicate 1/4 page tribute to someone special.
BENEFACTORS: Please purchase tickets and provide text or image you would like to have printed on the program by May 1st, 2014. A great opportunity to dedicate a full page tribute to someone special to you, or we put your name instead.
ABOUT THE FOOD & DRINKS: There will be passed Hors D’oeuvres, Buffet dinner and open bar with beer, wine and top shelf liquor.
ABOUT THE LIVE & SILENT AUCTIONS:
ABOUT THE RAFFLE: We will be raffling an iPad Mini! A perfect gift for your children, parents, siblings or friends.
Tickets are $20 for one/$40 for 3/$60 for an arms-length. With the arms-length purchase, you will get a special “Golden” ticket which will entitle you to a shot of Johnny Walker Blue Scotch.
DIRECTIONS TO THE BATTERY GARDENS:
Battery Gardens is located inside Battery Park, (across the street and about 1 block inside the Park opposite 17 State St.) at the very southernmost tip of Manhattan. As you face south from State Street,it is to the right (west) of the Staten Island Ferry Terminal and the US Coast Guard Building.
From Brooklyn/Staten Island via the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel
- Take the Gowanus Highway to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel. When exiting Tunnel, bear left. After trafﬁc light, bear into the extreme right lane
- Follow sign for Battery Park and continue to Battery Place (Battery Park will be in front of you and the old ﬁ rehouse to the right). Make a left turn onto Battery Place.
- Follow Battery Place to the end and turn right on to State Street. Follow State Street to Broad Street.
- Turn right on Broad Street Follow Broad Street to South Street and turn right. At the light turn right onto Whitehall Street
- There will be a Quik-Park facility on your immediate right. This is the nearest parking garage to Battery Gardens. From this location, Battery Gardens is best reached by walking west along State Street about 1 block until the 17 State Street building is visible
- At 17 State Street you will see a sidewalk leading into the park. Make a left onto this sidewalk, walk 1 block towards the water and you will arrive at Battery Gardens.
From Brooklyn/Staten Island via Brooklyn Bridge
- Take the Long Island Expressway or Gowanus Highway to the Brooklyn Bridge and stay in the middle or left lane
- When exiting Bridge take exit to FDR Drive. After entering the exit, stay to your left and continue to FDR Drive South.
- Once on the FDR Drive continue in the right hand lane. Continue straight a sign will say Battery Park. At end of road, make a right turn onto Whitehall Street.
- A Quik-Pick Parking Garage will be immediately on your right. Battery Gardens is about a block to the west, opposite 17 State Street.
From New Jersey, Westchester or the West Side of Manhattan
- Take the West Side Highway South to West Street. Bear right and continue straight ahead to Battery Place. Go left (east) onto Battery Place.
- Proceed east & the street becomes State Street. Battery Gardens is opposite 17 State Street. For the Quik-Park Garage,proceed about a block to Whitehall Street & make a right turn.
From the East Side of Manhattan
- Take the Harlem River Drive south and it will turn into the FDR Drive South. Once on the FDR Drive continue in the right hand lane
- At the southern end of Manhattan stay straight sign will say Battery Park. At end of road (exit 1), make a right turn onto Whitehall Street.
- The Quik-Park Parking Garage will be immediately on your right. Battery Gardens is about 1 block to the west opposite 17 State Street.
- There is a Quik-Park parking facilty on Whitehall Street (just south of State Street, near the intersection of Whitehall & State St.) about 1 block east of Battery Gardens.
- 4 or 5 to Bowling Green Station. Walk southeast along the park until you see the 17 State Street building (about 1 block). At 17 State Street make a right onto the sidewalk leading into the park. Walk south towards the water about 1 block to reach Battery Gardens.
- BMT R to Whitehall Street Station. Walk into the Park to the right when facing the Staten Island Ferry Terminal.
- IND 1 to South Ferry Station. Walk into the Park to the right facing the Staten Island Ferry Terminal. Battery Gardens is about a block west of the station.
- M5, M15, M20 all terminate on State Street in front of the Staten Island Ferry Terminal. Walk into the Park to the right when facing the Staten Island Ferry Terminal.